Hi! It’s Emlyn
Wednesday night was a night to remember. South Park premiered its midseason episode at 10PM EST.
It was hysterical.
Two hours before hand, I whipped these up to celebrate, and they were pretty awesome. They tasted like frosting cookies you find in bakeries! :)
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
(makes 24 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, stir into the creamed mixture until dough comes together. Roll dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in sugar. Place them on an unprepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottom is light brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
(makes 1 cup)
Combine ingredients and beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
I made the five cookies with one cup of frosting, so you may have to make more frosting/less cookie. I also made jumbo cookies for more decorating room :)
South Park decorating:
Stan: Red and blue icing (Betty Crocker store bought)
Cartman: Blue and yellow icing (B.C.)
Kyle: Take some of the frosting you made and tint it green. Apply to the top of the frosting you’ve already put on the cookie
Kenny: Tint pre-made frosting orange (5 yellow, 3 red drops of food coloring) Use that instead of the white, and use red/brown to create the hood.
(thanks to x and x for recipes. Change quantity here! the photo is mine :))
- Tagged bake, bakery, Baking, baking blog, cookie, frosting, perfect, south park, sugar, sugar cookies, vanilla, yummy
Hey! Emlyn present.
It’s a cozy Saturday night. You’re tired of cleaning all day and want to make something sweet before having to continue. What do you make?
(I’m in such a cupcake rut omg help me out)
Nah, in reality these were very easy to make. And they came out ~*gorgeous*~
I modified the recipe to make a smaller amount. My tiny family could never eat the 24 the original recipe calls for :P
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- green food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two 12 cup muffin pans with paper baking cups. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl until evenly blended; set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Divide the cake batter into four separate bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring into one bowl of batter and stir; add more food coloring, if necessary, to reach the desired shade. Repeat with the remaining colors and bowls of batter.
- Using a different spoon for each color batter, spoon a small spoonful of each color into the cupcake liners, until 1/2 to 3/4 full. Do not mix the batter once it is in the cupcake liner. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
If you’d like, you can mix the primary colors together if you wish for a different scale. I just used the basics :)
I added basic Betty Crocker icing (the decorators kind) because 1. it was all we had and 2. we have no more butter so I couldn’t whip up any buttercream :( Add your favorite, though!
When someone eats one (I made these for others) I’ll try to get a picture of the inside for you guys.
EDIT: My mom ate one :3 here’s the photo.
(My photos :) Thanks to x for the recipe. Modify the number here!)