Hi! It’s Emlyn
Wednesday night was a night to remember. South Park premiered its midseason episode at 10PM EST.
It was hysterical.
Two hours before hand, I whipped these up to celebrate, and they were pretty awesome. They tasted like frosting cookies you find in bakeries! :)
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
(makes 24 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, stir into the creamed mixture until dough comes together. Roll dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in sugar. Place them on an unprepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottom is light brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
(makes 1 cup)
Combine ingredients and beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
I made the five cookies with one cup of frosting, so you may have to make more frosting/less cookie. I also made jumbo cookies for more decorating room :)
South Park decorating:
Stan: Red and blue icing (Betty Crocker store bought)
Cartman: Blue and yellow icing (B.C.)
Kyle: Take some of the frosting you made and tint it green. Apply to the top of the frosting you’ve already put on the cookie
Kenny: Tint pre-made frosting orange (5 yellow, 3 red drops of food coloring) Use that instead of the white, and use red/brown to create the hood.