Happy Tuesday! It’s Emlyn. Despite the fact it’s still September, I thought I’d break out the first of many Halloween treats!
They just look perfect, am I right?
(for the truffles)
1 (10.5 ounce) package Candy Corn Oreo Cookies
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounces Vanilla Candy Melts (see note below)
1.5 teaspoons vegetable shortening
(for the garnish)
orange and yellow candy melts for drizzling
1. Using a food processor, crush all of the cookies into fine crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, you can crush the cookies in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and cream; mix until well blended. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Roll cookie mixture into 12-15 balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Place the cookie balls onto prepared baking sheet and refrigerate the balls for about 45 minutes or until firm.
3. Melt the candy melts according to package directions. Stir in shortening. The shortening will thin the mixture down a bit. If the chocolate is still too thick, gradually add a bit more until you reach a desired consistency for dipping.
4. Dip balls in the melted candy melts and place back onto the prepared baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle the tops of the candy coated cookies balls with sprinkles, candy corn or drizzle with contrasting colors of melted candy melts.
5. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*Note: I used Wilton Candy Melts. You can purchase them at Walmart, Target, Michael or Amazon
Yields about 12-15 truffles.
(thank you, x, for everything!)