Hey! Emlyn present.
It’s a cozy Saturday night. You’re tired of cleaning all day and want to make something sweet before having to continue. What do you make?
(I’m in such a cupcake rut omg help me out)
Nah, in reality these were very easy to make. And they came out ~*gorgeous*~
I modified the recipe to make a smaller amount. My tiny family could never eat the 24 the original recipe calls for :P
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- green food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two 12 cup muffin pans with paper baking cups. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl until evenly blended; set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Divide the cake batter into four separate bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring into one bowl of batter and stir; add more food coloring, if necessary, to reach the desired shade. Repeat with the remaining colors and bowls of batter.
- Using a different spoon for each color batter, spoon a small spoonful of each color into the cupcake liners, until 1/2 to 3/4 full. Do not mix the batter once it is in the cupcake liner. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
If you’d like, you can mix the primary colors together if you wish for a different scale. I just used the basics :)
I added basic Betty Crocker icing (the decorators kind) because 1. it was all we had and 2. we have no more butter so I couldn’t whip up any buttercream :( Add your favorite, though!
When someone eats one (I made these for others) I’ll try to get a picture of the inside for you guys.
EDIT: My mom ate one :3 here’s the photo.
(My photos :) Thanks to x for the recipe. Modify the number here!)