There’s a tornado warning in the area. :O
Too bad I can’t make this cake to pass the time…seems appropriate, right?
Looks perfect with that coconut!
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 cups fruit cocktail, drain about half liquid
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts
Butter Sauce Icing
1 stick of butter
3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup flaked coconut
1. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch cake pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Mix together sugar, eggs, fruit cocktail, soda, and flour. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Mix the brown sugar and nuts together, and sprinkle mixture onto the batter.
4. Bake for 40 minutes, or until done.
5. To prepare Butter Icing:
6. Boil sugar, butter and milk for 2 minutes. Add coconut. Spread icing on cake while icing and cake are hot. Enjoy!
7. While baking prepare butter icing to top cake while both icing and cake are hot.
(thanks to x for the picture and recipe)